PSMJ’s Full Spectrum of Learning Programs
PSMJ Resources Asia Pacific is expanding its Learning Program options to provide unique, integrated, experience-based programs in all aspects of managing development, design & construction of projects.
These eight program streams provide a coordinated and integrated learning path for all management and leadership roles from project inception to completion.
- Project Delivery Excellence, for Owners, Developers and their in-house project teams. Get project set-up and processes right. 2 days face-to-face workshop.
- A|E|C Leaders Roundtable, where medium-to-large design firm principals get together to discuss common issues and find better ways to solve them. Sharing knowledge and experience with your peers. 1.5 days face-to-face workshop.
- Project Management Essentials – Design, for Architects, Engineers, and other design-stage consultants. You get the tools to make your projects effective, timely and profitable. 2 days face-to-face or 4 half-days online workshop.
- Advanced Project Management for Project Directors, for senior technical staff responsible for performance of multiple project teams. How you can support your project leaders and grow your business. 1 day face-to-face or 2 half-days online workshop. 1 day face-to-face workshop.
- Financial Management Essentials for Architects & Engineers, for design firm principals responsible for practices not yet large enough to appoint a CFO. The how and why of financial understanding, where to dig for improved performance. 1 day face-to-face workshop.
- From Senior Manager to Principal, for Design PMs and Construction PMs who are ready to move up to leadership and ownership positions in their firms. Add practice management skills to your project management skills. 2 days face-to-face workshop.
- Project Management Essentials – Construction, for Contractors, Subcontractors and key Suppliers. Get practical ways to improve delivery performance at site. 2 days face-to-face or 4 half-days online workshop.
- BRIDGES Project Interface Management, a new professional role, to identify, track and manage coordination issues that cause delay to any or all of the parties who work together to complete a project. We create the environment to ensure coordination and decision making are on time and on the mark. Offered at three levels of skill – see description.
Despite the huge efforts by many professional bodies and their members, the design and construction industry still encounters too many coordination issues, most of which delay the project and result in blown budgets, lagging schedules, and quality issues.
WHY? It’s in the processes of putting a project together. The main reason is the large number of communication breakdowns between the project parties. No one has so far found a satisfactory solution, despite the claims of some document management software providers. With some assumptions, we can estimate the number of entities involved:
The more entities involved, the greater the potential for interface communication to go astray and create delay. Time and money constraints impact all members of all teams, and experience shows that coordination and integration are the first casualties of those pressures.
PSMJ’s suite of facilitated learning programs fits together all the interlocking pieces of the practice and project management puzzle. Unmatched, anywhere.
Return to Training & Learning